Stunning vintage beige silk mini handbag, hand embroidered with floral design and embellished with genuine semi precious stones! Meticulous detail and craftsmanship. Unique!
Hand embroidered in meticulous detail by the most skilled artisans in Agra, India using a unique form of embroidery called zardozi.
The word Zardozi is from the Persian language and means "gold thread". It is an elaborate and intricate embroidery using metallic threads and genuine semi precious stones to give a rich and opulent 3D effect. Zardozi was introduced into India in the early 16th century and was used initially to adorn the robes of the royal families. The city of Agra, home of the famous Taj Mahal, was the seat of the Mughal Empire and it remains a center for traditional handicrafts that had flourished under the Mughal kings. Now you too can own a wearable work of art, once reserved only for royalty!
The purse just sparkles and glows - from the silk background and embroidery, to the metallic threads, to the semi precious stones!
Hand embroidered with vibrant silk flowers in a burnt orange, a rich cream, and bronze, outlined in metallic threads. The center of each flower is a semi precious stone - onyx, sandstone, carnelian, giving a 3D effect.
- Silk background - olive green/ bronze. I say bronze because it has a beautiful shimmer to it, like metal.
- fully lined, with one credit card slot.
- Magnetic snap closure keeps contents secure.
- Measure 5 in tall x 6.5 in wide x 2.5 in deep.
- Fits your makeup, keys, credit cards, money.
- Just a tad short for a phone - your phone fits on the diagonal, but then you can't close the purse.
- Matching chain shoulder strap for hands-free convenience, drop of 12.5 in.
This is a vintage piece, in excellent condition overall. There is one small stone missing in the top left orange flower, as shown in last photo.
Like the style but want a different color?: : https://www.etsy.com/listing/574256306/embroidered-handbag-embroidered-clutch?ref=shop_home_active_59
>>> find even more great embroidered bags here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoutiqueByMaryam?section_id=21240455
>>> check out the rest of my shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam