Stunning little embroidered evening bag! Meticulous detail and craftsmanship. Unique!
The purse just sparkles and glows - from the silk background and embroidery, to the metallic threads, to the semi precious stones!
Hand embroidered with vibrant silk flowers in a burnt orange, a rich cream, and bronze, outlined in metallic threads. The center of each flower is a semi precious stone - onyx, sandstone, carnelian, giving a 3D effect.
- Silk background - olive green/beige or more like bronze. I say bronze because it has a beautiful shimmer to it, like metal.
- Interior is lined, with one credit card slot.
- Magnetic snap closure keeps contents secure.
- Measure 5 in tall x 6.5 in wide x 2.5 in deep.
- Fits your makeup, keys, credit cards, money.
- Just a tad short for a phone - your phone fits on the diagonal, but then you can't close the purse.
- Matching chain shoulder strap, drop of 12.5 in.
This is a vintage piece, in excellent condition overall. There is one small stone missing in the top left orange flower, as shown in last photo.
Made in Agra, India, home of the famous Taj Mahal using traditional zardozi techniques.
Zardozi is from the Persian and means "gold thread" . It is an elaborate art of multidimensional embroidery using gold and silver threads and embellished with precious stones.
Zardozi had its origins in Persia and was introduced into India by the ruling Mughals in the early 16th century. It was used mainly to adorn the robes of the royal families. The city of Agra, home of the Taj Mahal, was the seat of the Mughal Empire and it remains a center for traditional handicrafts. Today, over 15,000 craftsmen still practice the craft in the city of Agra, making elaborate zardozi purses, belts, tapestries, jewelry boxes and garments.
Like the style but want a different color?: : https://www.etsy.com/listing/574256306/embroidered-handbag-embroidered-clutch?ref=shop_home_active_59
>>> find even more great embroidered bags here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoutiqueByMaryam?section_id=21240455
>>> check out the rest of my shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam