Stunning wedding clutch, hand embroidered floral design evening bag on winter white velvet, using silver colored metallic threads, in the Zardozi tradition. You will keep this purse forever!
Own a work of art from the historic city of Agra, home of the Taj Mahal.
Zardozi is from the Persian language and means "gold thread". It is an elaborate and oplulent art of multidimensional embroidery using gold and silver threads and embellished with precious stones. Zardozi had its origins in Persia and was introduced into India by the ruling Mughals in the early 16th century. It was used initially to adorn the robes of the royal families. The city of Agra, home of the Taj Mahal, was the seat of the Mughal Empire and it remains a center for traditional handicrafts that had flourished under the Mughal patronage.
Gorgeous bag! Like a perfect little jewel box. Meticulous craftsmanship and detail. Like a perfect little jewel box! Meticulous craftsmanship and detail.
- cream, winter white velvet
- embroidered with silver colored metallic threads
- genuine amethyst stone beads sewn in
- sateen lining
- interior credit card slot and two accordion slots, outlined in gold
- magnetic snap closure.
- optional braided white and silver color corded shoulder strap with 16 in drop, which can be tucked inside.
- holds your phone, keys, credit cards, money, and makeup
- 8 " W x 5.5 " H x x 2.5 " D.
>>> find even more great embroidered bags here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoutiqueByMaryam?section_id=21240455
>>> check out the rest of my shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam