Stunning black evening bag with very pretty floral embroidery and central lapis lazuli medallion. Embroidered by the most skilled artisans in Agra, India, home of the famous Taj Mahal, using metallic threads, silk and semi precious stones, in the royal zardozi tradition. Embellished with genuine lapis lazuli and amethyst beads.
A special purse for your special day! Exquisite detail and workmanship.
- hardcase with rounded bottom, handcrafted
- Dupioni silk
- embroidered on BOTH sides.
- fully lined
- gathered interior pockets
- secure magnetic snap closures
- slim profile. measures 11" L x 4 1/2" H x 1 1/2" deep at the bottom, tapering to the top.
- effective interior space height is 3 1/4 inches tall, due to placement of magnetic snaps. Please measure your phone if this is an important feature for you. Might fit without the phone case. Room for money, credit cards and lipstick.
Dupioni silk is the most widely known silk and is made in India. It is a medium weight silk with a textured effect.
Zardozi is from the Persian and means "gold thread" . It is an elaborate art of multidimensional embroidery using gold and silver threads and embellished with precious stones. Zardozi had its origins in Persia and was introduced into India by the ruling Mughals in the early 16th century. It was used mainly to adorn the robes of the royal families. The city of Agra, home of the Taj Mahal, was the seat of the Mughal Empire and it remains a center for traditional handicrafts that had flourished under the Mughal patronage.
>>> Shop more clutches here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoutiqueByMaryam?section_id=21240455
>>> Shop BoutiquebyMaryam: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam