Elevate your daytime look with this exquisitely embroidered golden brown velvet purse in a soft, vintage heirloom look.
Velvet is not just for evenings or formal events! This purse is perfect with a romantic flowing chiffon dress for a daytime wedding or garden party. Or wear it with faded jeans and a soft sweater, or a tweed jacket.
- soft golden brown velvet, the color of a baby deer (Bambi)
- new velvet, in an antiqued, vintage heirloom finish
- hand embroidered in metallic threads by master artisans in Agra, India, in the zardozi tradition
- genuine semi precious stones sewn in
- 8 " W x 5.5 " H x 2.5 " D.
- sateen lining
- interior credit card slot and two accordion slots, outlined in gold.
- secure snap closure.
- convert to handbag with braided cord shoulder strap with 21 In drop. Can be tucked inside.
- roomy! Holds phone, credit cards, money, keys and makeup
>>> find even more great embroidered bags here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoutiqueByMaryam?section_id=21240455
>>> check out the rest of my shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam
Zardozi is from the Persian and means "gold thread" . It is an elaborate art of multidimensional embroidery using gold and silver threads and embellished with precious stones. Zardozi had its origins in Persia and was introduced into India by the ruling Mughals in the early 16th century. It was used mainly to adorn the robes of the royal families. The city of Agra, home of the Taj Mahal, was the seat of the Mughal Empire and it remains a center for traditional handicrafts that had flourished under the Mughal patronage. Today, over 15,000 craftsmen still practice the craft in the city of Agra, making elaborate zardozi purses, belts, tapestries, jewelry boxes and garments.