Exquisite embroidered brown velvet purse in floral pattern, in soft pastel colors. Intricately hand embroidered by the most skilled artisans in Agra, India, in the zardozi tradition, using metallic threads and semi precious stones to create a 3D effect.
This is such a versatile purse! Velvet is not only for evening or for formal occasions! Think again! Wear this purse to a daytime wedding or pair it with jeans for a western look, or with a textured sweater or tweed jacket. You will receive so many compliments!
- soft golden brown velvet, the color of a baby deer (Bambi)
- new, with antiqued, vintage faded finish
- hand embroidered
- genuine semi precious stones sewn in
- 8 " W x 5.5 " H x 2.5 " D.
- sateen lining
- interior credit card slot and two accordion slots, outlined in gold.
- secure snap closure.
- optional braided cord shoulder strap with 21 In drop. Can be tucked inside.
- roomy! Holds phone, credit cards, money, keys and makeup
Like the design but prefer a different color? https://www.etsy.com/listing/688291461/embroidered-brown-silver-velvet-clutch?ref=shop_home_active_34&frs=1
>>> find even more great embroidered bags here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoutiqueByMaryam?section_id=21240455
>>> check out the rest of my shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam
Zardozi is from the Persian and means "gold thread" . It is an elaborate art of multidimensional embroidery using gold and silver threads and embellished with precious stones. Zardozi had its origins in Persia and was introduced into India by the ruling Mughals in the early 16th century. It was used mainly to adorn the robes of the royal families. The city of Agra, home of the Taj Mahal, was the seat of the Mughal Empire and it remains a center for traditional handicrafts that had flourished under the Mughal patronage.