Gorgeous hand embroidered floral wall art in the zardozi tradition, using silk, metallic gold colored threads, and genuine semi precious stones. Extraordinary gift for anyone who loves and appreciates flowers or embroidery. Exceptional design and craftsmanship. Truly a work of art!
Wall mount it, or use it as a unique lid on a memory box or photo album or wedding album. Perfect gift for home.
Zardozi is from the Persian and means "gold thread" . It is an elaborate and opulent art of multidimensional embroidery using gold and silver threads and embellished with precious and semi precious stones to create a 3D effect. Zardozi had its origins in Persia and was introduced into India by the ruling Mughals in the early 16th century. It was used mainly to adorn the robes of the royal families. The city of Agra, home of the Taj Mahal, was the seat of the Mughal Empire and it remains a center for traditional handicrafts that had flourished under the Mughal patronage
- hand embroidered in silk by master artisans in Agra, India,
- flower vase is 3D, raised with layers of silk floss
- metallic gold colored threads.
- genuine semi precious stone cabochons sewn in
- black velvet background
- dimensions 16" x 13" x 1/4 " including a 2 in black velvet mat border
- The vase is raised to 1/2" with silk floss, the main flower c
- mounted on a white foam board
- back ribbon for hanging.
- lightweight, 1 lb 1 oz.
Own a work of art!
Note the matching pair of embroideries!
Buy 2 and get 10% OFF both. https://www.etsy.com/listing/714944051/stunning-hand-embroidered-grey-silk?ref=shop_home_active_2&frs=1
>>> View more tapestries here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam/?section_id=21256552
>>> Shop BoutiqueByMaryam: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam/