Stand out wearing this regal and elegant gold embroidered peacock purse on white velvet. The peacock, a symbol of royalty, elegance and beauty, is the national bird of India. The unity of colors represents the unity of the different people of India.
Hand embroidered in meticulous detail by the most skilled artisans in Agra, India using a unique form of embroidery called zardozi.
The word Zardozi is from the Persian language and means "gold thread". It is an elaborate and intricate embroidery using metallic threads and genuine semi precious stones to give a rich and opulent 3D effect. Zardozi was introduced into India in the early 16th century and was used initially to adorn the robes of the royal families. The city of Agra, home of the famous Taj Mahal, was the seat of the Mughal Empire and it remains a center for traditional handicrafts that had flourished under the Mughal kings. Now you too can own a wearable work of art, once reserved only for royalty!
The gold colored threads and the glittery tale make this purse sparkle in the most alluring way!
- cream colored / warm winter white velvet.
- hand embroidered using silk, metallic threads, semi precious stones.
- 5.5 " H x 8 " W x 2.5 " D.
- optional braided grey/silver cord shoulder strap for hands-free convenience, 26.5 in drop
- sateen lining
- interior credit card slot and two accordion slots, outlined in gold.
- magnetic snap closure.
- holds your phone, credit cards, money, and makeup.
>>> find even more great embroidered bags here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoutiqueByMaryam?section_id=21240455
>>> check out the rest of my shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam