Premier luxury designer navy velvet evening bag, exquisitely hand embroidered with silver colored metallic threads and embellished with genuine semi precious stones, in the zardozi tradition, to create an opulent 3D effect. This intricately and extravagantly jeweled masterpiece adds instant glamour and elegance to evening ensembles.
Embroidered by dedicated, skilled master artisans in the historic city of Agra, home of the famous Taj Mahal.
Zardozi is from the Persian and means "gold thread" . It is an elaborate art of multidimensional embroidery using gold and silver threads and embellished with precious stones. Zardozi had its origins in Persia and was introduced into India by the ruling Mughals in the early 16th century. It was used mainly to adorn the robes of the royal families. The city of Agra, home of the Taj Mahal, was the seat of the Mughal Empire and it remains a center for traditional handicrafts that had flourished under the Mughal patronage.
- Navy velvet
- embroidered in shiny and matte silver color metallic threads and grey silk
- genuine pastel green and blue onyx beads
- Measures 10 in W x 6 in W x 2.5 in deep.
- sateen lining
- three interior credit card slots, outlined in gold
- secure snap closure
- roomy, holds your phone, credit cards, money, keys and makeup
- detachable silver tone shoulder strap, 27 in drop, for hands-free convenience.
Stunning! Destined to become a modern heirloom.
>>> find even more great embroidered bags here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoutiqueByMaryam?section_id=21240455
>>> Shop BoutiqueByMaryam: https://www.etsy.com/shop/boutiquebymaryam